I don’t really enjoy cooking so I can always appreciate when a meal is healthy, fresh and easy to whip up. This simple salad is big on freshness and so easy to make. I think it goes so well grilled steak. It’s also a great addition to any meal.
2 cans of corn
2 cups of tomatoes ( grapevine or grape tomatoes) Diced or Halved
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp of freshly grated garlic
A pinch of salt (more or less, to taste)
A pinch of dried oregano (optional)
A pinch of red chili pepper flakes for a bit of heat
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Add corn, tomatoes, and red onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Essentially your going to make a salad dressing. Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, butter, grated garlic,salt, oregano, and chili pepper flakes in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave the dressing for 30-60 seconds.
- Once the dressing is fragrant and well blended add it to the corn and tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.